Looking for a flexible child care solution?
Depending on your child’s age group (18 months to 5 years old), we offer half-day programs for three to five days a week, Monday through Friday.
By choosing one of our nursery schools, you are providing your child with the stimulating experience of learning through play in a welcoming, inclusive and safe environment. All of our nursery schools offer a 10-month program for small children based on the YMCA’s own educational method, Playing to learn.
- a holistic approach that takes into account all aspects of the child’s development;
- activities that encourage group interactions, self-expression, sharing and responsibility;
- a wide variety of instructor-led and child-directed activities for each age group: story time, songs, physical activity, drama, arts and crafts, outings and more;
- special access to fitness and aquatic facilities and indoor and outdoor play areas;
- weekly swimming lessons (children under the age of 3 must be accompanied by a parent).
In addition to having low adult/child ratios, all of our nursery school staff members are CPR and First Aid certified. The program is evaluated each year to ensure it complies with the highest quality standards.
This program is offered at the Notre-Dame-de-Grâce YMCA (as of January 2022 - French emersion program), and the Westmount YMCA (bilingual program)
Need some help to register?
Ages: 18 months to 5 years
Adult to child ratio:
2 to 4 years-old – 1:8
4 to 5 years-old – 1:10
Bilingual program in the 4- to 5-year-old group.
Choice of 3 to 5 mornings per week, Monday to Friday.
- Schedule: 9 am to 1 pm
- Parents must provide their child with a snack and a lunch.
Choice of 3 to 5 afternoons per week, Monday to Friday.
- Schedule: 1 pm to 4 pm * for children aged 3 years and older.
- Parents must provide their child with a snack.
- $35 (per day) for morning program (9 am -1 pm)
- $26,25 (per day) for afternoon program (1 pm - 4 pm)
For more information, please call: 514-931-1129